It's been a while since I ranted about things that annoy me. So here goes.
1. Alli -- Like every other woman in America I want to lose weight (maybe 13 pounds). And I've tried lots of stupid diets in my lifetime. But why in god's name would anyone take a pill like Alli which may cause you to "poop your pants"? No thank you, I think I'll just keep hold onto my love handles and avoid unnecessary public soiling. Of course, it's only a matter of time before Lindsey or Britney or some other Hollywood harlot goes on Alli and public pooping becomes "the hip thing to do."
2. Posh Spice & Beckham-- Stop the hype. Make it go away. She's a fembot (I'm pretty damn sure all of her parts are made in Korea). He's a cute looking soccer player, so what? Am I the only one who wishes these two would stay the hell out of America. They annoy the shit out of me. And I'm tired of hearing about them.
3. Celebrity Causes especially Global Warming -- I don't know, but celebrity causes are starting to annoy the crap out of me too. Don't these people know that they're paid a lot to ENTERTAIN US not freaking PREACH TO US? If I wanted a sermon, I'd go to church. I don't care if these people are smart and committed to causes. I look to celebrities to make me forget that sometimes life is freaking HARD. But everyone's such a g-damn downer all the time. Thanks Al Gore, for making rock-and-roll a BORE.
4. Overpriced gadgets not living up to hype -- I'll admit it, I succumbed to the hype and got an iPhone (actually my hubbie surprised me with it for our anniversary - some girls like diamonds, I like electronic gadgets). And I love the darn puppy (honestly, I treat it like a new baby) but I can't get ANY speaker volume on the thing - which means I CAN'T HEAR my phone ring or listen to music (without the earplugs). I've gone to iPhone forums and found out that others are having the same problem so I need to exchange my phone. What a hassle. It doesn't help that my Sirius car receiver is also acting up and I need to get that fixed too. I've had problems with my Sirius car receiver too ever since I bought it. I do love electronic gadgets, but you have to become your own tech support person if you invest in these toys.
5. Public education - We pay a shitload of money in taxes so our kids can go to a good public school here in overpriced suburban New Jersey. And I found out that my son will be going to class in a TRAILER behind the school next year. A trailer? My kids inform me the trailers are quite nice. And yet, all I can see is my son having to trudge through snow just to get to the cafeteria next year for lunch. Why is it in NJ you never "get what you pay for"?